With the GopherHaul lawn care business software online estimator, you are empowered. In this discussion I will show you how to enter your overhead costs of running your lawn care business so you can create a lawn care estimate which will provide you with a % of profit you desire.
We often talk about how little most of us pay attention to our overhead costs and how they effect how much we need to charge for a landscaping job. In this example, you will see how by using the online lawn care business estimator, you can enter your overhead costs and then see a break down of how each cost effects how much you need to charge per billable hours.
Follow these easy step by step instructions.
- Log into your GopherHaul online lawn care business software account. If you don’t have one yet, get one here.
- On your welcome page, click on the Overhead costs link.
- Enter your overhead costs on this page.
- Then go back to your welcome page and click on the Job lists link.
- If you have already entered a job you can review your overhead costs, by clicking on the review job button as seen in this example. Otherwise your overhead costs will automatically be included in any new job you enter.
Now when you are finished with your job and you want to print the estimate out, you will notice your overhead costs will not be broken down as they are in the review screen because you don’t need to show your customer this information.
You can see from this example how powerful it is for you to know how each and every overhead cost your landscaping business has, will have a direct result on what you need to charge when you bid on a lawn care job.
If you would like to discuss this topic, join in at the GopherHaul Lawn Care Business Forum here.