Does your lawn care business have a website? If you do, congratulations you are ahead of the game. Many new lawn care business owners put off a website for far too long. It’s important to have a website to attract lawn care customers that are searching the internet for local lawn care providers. But just having a website is not enough.¬† If a potential customer can’t find your site, they won’t be calling you. Instead they will be calling your competitor.
Don’t fret when it comes to improving the search engine ranking of your website. There are a few simple steps you can take to get your website to rank higher than it is now. The best part about these tips is they are easy to implement and you can ‘t use them right now.
A web designer shared with us his tips and tricks on the Gopher Lawn Care Business Forum. He wrote “here are a few pointers to help promote your site and business.
- Build links from as many related sites as possible to your site.
- Make sure to always include a unique Title & Description for every page.
- Include your most important keywords in the title and description.
- Focus, don’t try to cover more than 1 or 2 topics on a page.
- Every page should have an h1 tag.
- Don’t use Flash for constructing your site, it’s Ok to include some flash content, but remember search engines can’t read flash
- Never ever try to fool the search engines. No hiding white text on white background or deceptive practices.”
If you are looking for still more ways to improve your search engine rankings, why not make some short video commercials that promote your service and upload them to sites like youtube.com. In the video description, include your keywords, company name, contact information and web address. Having back links from popular sites like the many video hosting sites, can really help.If you don’t have the ability to make a video commercial, what about a slide show that is saved into a video file format?
Do a search for your website’s keywords like (your town & lawn care). Then make a note of how far down in the search results you find your website link. Afterward, start to implement some of these search engine optimization tips and track your search engine results after a few months. You may be pleasantly surprised to see your rank has improved!